1. Who is the the last of the great Gupta Emperors?
B) Skandagupta Vikramaditya
2. Consider the following statements regarding the teachings of Mahavira.
1. Mahavira regarded all objects have souls.
2. He preached that work is worship and encouraged the practice of agriculture.
3. He advocated a very holy and ethical code of life.
Which of the above statements is/are correct?
3. In 1720, the British government enacted the Calico Act. What is it related to?
A) Banning the use of printed cotton textile imported from India.
B) Barring of company officials from private trade
C) Disallowing Indians from entering Civil Services
D) Compulsory use of English language in Company affairs
4. According to later vedic period, Rajasuya refer to
A) Sole Ruler
B) Lord of all earth
C) Consecration ceremony
D) Head of the Kingdom
5. Consider the following statements regarding Rig Vedic Aryans.
1. There are no evidences of the use of Iron by Rig Vedic Aryans.
2. Trade was conducted on barter system.
3. Copper coins called nishka were used as media of exchange in large transactions.
Which of the above statements is/are incorrect?
A) 1 only
6. Which of the following are considered as Triratnas according to Jainism.
1. Right Knowledge
2. Right Culture
3. Right Faith
4. Right Conduct
Select the correct answer code:
7. Consider the following statements.
1. The painting is practiced by the tribal people of Jharkhand.
2. The common theme of the paintings is ‘What happens to human life post death’.
3. It is on the verge of extinction given the rate of its decline.
The above statements refer to
A) Patua Art
B) Phad Painting
C) Paitkar Painting
D) Pithora Painting
8. Consider the following pairs:
Classical Dance Important Features
1. Mohiniattam : Lasya aspect is dominant
2. Manipuri : Tarangam
3. Kuchipudi : Pung Musical Instrument
4. Odissi : Mobile sculptures
Which of the above pairs is/are correctly matched?
9. Which of the following treaties brought an end to the independent existence of Peshwa Baji Rao II ?
A) The Treaty of Purandhar
B) Convention of Wadgaon
C) Treaty of Bassein
D) Treaty of Salbai
10. Where are the mortal remains of St. Francis Xavier housed?